Candidates interested in being admitted into Form 1 of the Mathematics School for the academic year 2024-2025, will take the Mathematics Aptitude Test (duration: 90 minutes) on Saturday, 17 February 2024, from 09:00 to 10:30. The registration period is over.
Rules and regulations
- Candidates will take a Mathematics Aptitude Test. This is a test designed to determine the students’ mathematical ability. Two Partial Scholarships (30%) for all seven years will be awarded to the students who attain the highest marks.
- The candidate’s name will not appear on his/her Aptitude Test. The Aptitude Tests are corrected and marked by members of the Mathematics Department of the G C School of Careers. It is the School’s policy that reassessment requests are not accepted under any circumstances. Marked papers are not available for inspection by parents.
- The Mathematics Aptitude Test results will be sent by email on Monday, 19 February.
- A pass grade in the Mathematics Aptitude Test is a valid criterion for admission into the Mathematics School ONLY. The Mathematics Aptitude Test is NOT valid for admission into any of the other Form 1 classes of the G C School of Careers.
- The successful candidates’ registration for the academic year 2024-2025 will be completed on Thursday, 14 March 2024.
- The successful students (native speakers of Greek only) who register, will be required to complete a task in English Language prior to the commencement of the new school year (the date will be announced in due course). The aim of the task is to provide an approximate indication of each student’s language level.
Events/activities for prospective students and parents
Mathematics School Presentation
Monday, 29 January 2024, 6:30p.m.
Venue: School Auditorium
The aim is to provide valuable insights into our specialised mathematics curriculum, teaching methodologies, and the educational opportunities we offer to students. Information regarding the admission procedure and criteria will also be made available during the event.
The presentation will be conducted in Greek; however, for our non-Greek speaking guests, we will be pleased to provide all necessary information and answer any queries in English during the cocktail that will follow the presentation.
Parents may express their interest to attend by contacting School Reception at 22464400 by Thursday, 25 January.
School Presentation for successful candidates and their parents
Wednesday, 13 March 2024, 6:30 p.m.
Venue: School Auditorium
The choice of secondary school for any child can undeniably be a life-changing decision. The School Management is committed to providing parents with all the information and assistance they need, to reach a decision that is most beneficial to their child. The presentation will be followed by a tour especially designed to give prospective students and their parents a taste of the day-to-day activities at GCS. The primary purpose of this event is to give parents the opportunity to meet with the School Management and teaching staff and discuss issues they are concerned about.
Individual appointments can be arranged upon request. The School Management is available for appointments with prospective parents to provide further information on the School as well as the admission procedure. Parents are welcome to contact School Reception at 22464400, to arrange a meeting at a time convenient to them.
Joining Year 1 classes
Prospective students who would like to join and watch a Year 1 lesson, will be able to do so between 1/2/24 and 13/2/24 (the day and time will be specified by the Management). Parents may express their interest at 22464400.
Sample Mathematics Aptitude (Greek – English)
Sample Mathematics Aptitude 2016 (Greek – English)
Sample Mathematics Aptitude 2017 (Greek – English)
Sample Mathematics Aptitude 2018 (Greek – English – Answers)
Sample Mathematics Aptitude 2019 (Greek – English – Answers)
Sample Mathematics Aptitude 2020 (Greek – English – Answers)
Sample Mathematics Aptitude 2021 (Greek – English – Answers)
Sample Mathematics Aptitude 2022 (Greek – English – Answers)