A place in the Sports School is offered to students who:
- pass the GCS Entrance Exams
- successfully meet the athletic standards/requirements* set by the Sports Instructors of the G C School of Careers
Each candidate’s athletic standard is individually evaluated by the Sports Instructors after the Entrance Examination date.
*Admission Criteria for the Sports School
Football / Basketball / Badminton / Volleyball (girls) : Instructors assess each student’s athletic performance during a trial session.
- Students must be holders of the Cyprus Tennis Federation Identification Card.
- Students should be participating in at least four Pancyprian Tournaments per year.
- Boy-athletes should hold a place among the best 10 athletes in the Cyprus Tennis Federation champions’ ranking in the corresponding category of their age by the end of June of each academic year.
- Girl-athletes should hold a place among the best 8 athletes in the Cyprus Tennis Federation champions’ ranking in the corresponding category of their age by the end of June of each academic year.
- Boy-athletes who move onto the next age category should be amongst the top 5 players of their own age group.
- Girl-athletes who move onto the next age category should be amongst the top 4 players of their own age group.
- If a student does not meet the criteria above by the end of June (i.e. fails to achieve the required rankings), he/she will not be able to register for the Sports School for the following academic year.
- Student-Athletes should be practising at least three times a week in the academy or sports group they belong to.
Swimming: Student-athletes should be members of a swimming Club and represent the Club in Pancyprian competitions.
Click here for Syllabus and Sample Papers